Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: model 15 crossover schematics

  1. #11
    Junior Hostboard Member thewebgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 26th, 2017
    Location
    Northern, VA
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: model 15 crossover schematics

    Thank you, Earl K - I had seen this schematic and the long thread at Lansing Heritage Forum (LHF) earlier -
    I just did not know it was the same "modelled" schematic that was posted at LHF.
    I printed it from there and traced it component by component last night against the Crossovers
    I just bought from GaryL via the LHF site, and will confirm its the same

    Is there a copy somewhere of the actual Model 15 schematic as originally published by ALTEC?
    With Altec Logos and such like all the JBL schematics posted at the LHF site?
    Just wondered if they have such documents saved somewhere ...
    I know this one wasn't available here until I asked for it yesterday.

  2. #12
    Senior Hostboard Member Earl K's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    513
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

    Re: model 15 crossover schematics

    Quote Originally Posted by thewebgal View Post
    Thank you, Earl K - I had seen this schematic and the long thread at Lansing Heritage Forum (LHF) earlier -
    I just did not know it was the same "modelled" schematic that was posted at LHF.
    I printed it from there and traced it component by component last night against the Crossovers
    I just bought from GaryL via the LHF site, and will confirm its the same

    Is there a copy somewhere of the actual Model 15 schematic as originally published by ALTEC?
    With Altec Logos and such like all the JBL schematics posted at the LHF site?
    Just wondered if they have such documents saved somewhere ...
    I know this one wasn't available here until I asked for it yesterday.

    Hi Heather,

    I've never seen an official M15 ( or M14 ) schematic ( and I generally keep a look out for those sort of documents ).

    As JoeR mentioned ( I think ) you're well advised to get an RTA app for your iPhone ( to help you balance components within your new-found project ) .


  3. #13
    Junior Hostboard Member thewebgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 26th, 2017
    Location
    Northern, VA
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: model 15 crossover schematics

    Followed Joe's suggestion on Jan 9th.
    I got the Octave RTA for my iphone - it was a good deal at $5.

    But honestly - I'm interested in selling off my existing Model 15 parts
    and looking for a pair of Valencias or Legatos later this year -
    they look like more interesting pairs of speakers ...

    But thanks for all your help!

    Quote Originally Posted by Earl K View Post
    Hi Heather,

    I've never seen an official M15 ( or M14 ) schematic ( and I generally keep a look out for those sort of documents ).

    As JoeR mentioned ( I think ) you're well advised to get an RTA app for your iPhone ( to help you balance components within your new-found project ) .


  4. #14
    Senior Hostboard Member Earl K's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    513
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

    Re: model 15 crossover schematics

    Quote Originally Posted by thewebgal View Post
    Followed Joe's suggestion on Jan 9th.
    I got the Octave RTA for my iphone - it was a good deal at $5.

    But honestly - I'm interested in selling off my existing Model 15 parts
    and looking for a pair of Valencias or Legatos later this year -
    they look like more interesting pairs of speakers ...

    But thanks for all your help!

    I'll assume you mean the second generation ( AS-21 ) Heathkit Legato, such as seen here;

    5

    First generation Legatos are much bigger ( with a different complement of Altec components >>> ie; 511b horn instead of the 811b, plus twin 15 woofs instead of twin 12's ).

    6


  5. #15
    Junior Hostboard Member thewebgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 26th, 2017
    Location
    Northern, VA
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: model 15 crossover schematics

    Quote Originally Posted by Earl K View Post
    I'll assume you mean the second generation ( AS-21 ) Heathkit Legato, such as seen here;

    First generation Legatos are much bigger ( with a different complement of Altec components >>> ie; 511b horn instead of the 811b, plus twin 15 woofs instead of twin 12's ).

    Nice pix! As always, I thank you for specific info to help me focus -
    In truth - I'm probably thinking Valencias or something similar ...
    nice cabinets if I can, or industrial cabs if thats what I find ...
    Anyway, thanks for the info - I really do appreciate it!
    I'm getting ready to pull those ictwoody drivers I got via AK and get more specifics on them - take better pix, etc ...
    Last edited by thewebgal; January 14th, 2018 at 07:03 PM.

  6. #16
    Senior Hostboard Member
    model 15 crossover schematics


    Phil-G's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 1st, 2013
    Location
    restaurant at the end of the universe
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

    Re: model 15 crossover schematics

    wow! I wonder how much trouble it would be to build a pair of the older legatos???
    Sonic Barbarian

  7. #17
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: model 15 crossover schematics

    Not too much.......

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.